As an SEO firm, Noxster helps clients achieve Page 1 rankings for industry SEO targeted keywords. One tool that can be very helpful in achieving Page 1 rankings for your business is getting more customer reviews on local listing sites such as Yelp and Google+ Local.
If your business has a physical location, you’ll want to make sure that your listings on Yelp and Google+ Local are set up with accurate, up-to-date information about your business, including :
- website URL
- phone numbers
- hours of operation
- your top services and/or products
Don’t forget to include high-quality photos of your business, products, and even key members of your team, if appropriate.
Once your local listings are set up, you can ask your clients to leave authentic reviews about your experience with your business. Many times customers would be happy to leave a positive review for your business but they might not think of doing it on their own.
You can tactfully ask for reviews and explain about how important customer testimonials are for your business, as well as for helping other customers find your business online.
Some proven ways to receive more customer reviews are:
- Provide small incentives (such as Starbucks gift cards or a bonus service from your business) for customers who leave a positive review.
- Providing a computer or a tablet in a convenient location while clients are onsite with you. Have the Yelp and Google+ Local pages up and ready for customers to log in.
- Make it easy to leave a review! Sometimes customers can’t think of what to say, or are in a rush to leave for their next appointment. To help your customers come up with a positive review, you may want to have pre-written reviews for them to pick out. The customers can then edit the reviews to add their personal experience, and post to sites such as Yelp or Google+ Local.
- Add a Yelp badge to your website. This helps customer remember to leave a review when they are not onsite at your location. Yelp offers several badges that you can put on your site, which link to your business profile.
- Include a reminder and a link for testimonials on Yelp, Google+ Local, and other local listing sites where your business may be listed – in your emails, newsletters, and other customer communication.
Asking for testimonials may not come naturally to you. However, if your competitor consistently succeeds in getting more reviews than you, their business will outrank you on key local search terms. So don’t forget to use every opportunity to encourage your customers to leave a review. Visit our website for more tips about how Noxster SEO can help you grow your business!